To ensure that all areas of the Home are cleaned to the required standard, using cleaning products, equipment and procedures provided.
- Clean bedrooms and communal areas of the home effectively according to the schedule provided (regular and deep cleaning).
- Ensure that frequently touched surfaces such as keycode pads, handrails and door handles are cleaned at specified intervals during the day.
- Keep accurate records of all cleaning.
- Empty and wipe out waste bins.
- Vacuum carpets and mop hard floors.
- Shampoo / steam carpets as required.
- Shake out and arrange cushions / throws.
- Clean taps and basins and residents’ soap dishes.
- Spot clean surfaces as necessary.
- Refresh water in flower vases.
- Empty vases of dead flowers, clean vase and return to the sluice room
- Dusting hard surfaces such as pictures, light fittings, shelves etc.
- Restock hand towels, soaps, hand gels and antiseptic hand wash as required.
- Efficient and economical use of supplies provided
- Assisting in the laundry when requested by the Housekeeper.
- Keeping storage areas clean, tidy and cleaning trolley stocked up at all times
- Participate in staff meetings as required
Whilst not expected to provide care, housekeeping colleagues are expected to speak in a friendly and courteous manner to residents, and to alert nursing colleagues of any concerns.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder.
Reporting to the Head Housekepper